Economic Development Program
SHORT ENTERPRISES provides a full suite of planning services related to economic development. Our action plans prioritize a community's economic objectives while identifying specific activities and resources needed to achieve these objectives. These strategies are based on rigorous qualitative and quantitative analysis of current political, social and economic trends and opportunities. We typically utilize a wide range of our analytical techniques to provide a foundation for strategic planning, including industry cluster analysis, retail market research, labor market analysis and financial analysis.
We utilize a suite of web-based tools, along with strategic partnerships with marketing specialists and business development resources, to help economic development agencies promote their economic advantages, connect entrepreneurs with business assistance resources and attract potential employers to their communities. With these tools, agencies can do more with less, reach greater numbers of businesses, and reduce the time and cost of evaluating the cost-effectiveness of economic development programs and activities.
- Prosperity Plans & Comprehensive Economic Development Strategies.
- General and specific plan preparation, including economic elements.
- Downtown revitalization strategies.
- Redevelopment plans & 5-year implementation plans.
- Business retention and expansion/Economic gardening.
- Business attraction and marketing.
- Green economy resource guides.
- Program evaluation.